Welcome to the Waitomo Aero Club
The Te Kuiti Aero Club was formed in 1936.
It went into recess during the war years and was re-established again in 1946 as the Waitomo Aero Club. The Club has remained active each Sunday ever since.
The Te Kuiti Airfield has a consolidated 800 metre metal runway of which 500 metres is sealed.
The club rooms date back to the Racing Club days of the 1930’s and the building's historical significance is documented in the National Archives.
We have our own Cessna 152 and 172 which are available for training and private hire at reasonable rates. Our membership is drawn mainly from a rural area, Te Awamutu in the North, to Mokauiti in the South. Flying competitions are held on the first Sunday afternoon of each month and Waitomo usually fields a near full team to the Flying New Zealand Regional competitions with some members also flying at the Nationals.
Vistors are welcome to visit any Sunday.